Welcome to Drive High School -- driving instructions for high
school students on the Monterey Peninsula.
Our Commitment To Each Student:
• With the 6 hours of required professional instruction, the
student will leave with an understanding of roads, highways, vehicles
and the ability to recognize the inherent dangers each one may present.
• With personal and individualized guidance the student will have
confidence in their ability and a permanent respect for other drivers
sharing the roads with them.
This course includes defensive driving, safety, courtesy,
anticipation and information are the keys to accident free driving.
• Defensive Driving - Leaving yourself room to react to others
• Safety - Keeping your car in sound mechanical condition.
• Courtesy - If you can Safely allow someone to accomplish there
maneuver allow them the time.
• Anticipation - Be aware of what is happening around you and your
vehicle, always paying attention, recognising foreseeable problems.
• Information- Understand road signs, know your route, be up to
date on current road conditions and pay close attention to your